Friday, June 06, 2008

Desi Plumbers

Sunday mornings...don't you just love them? No work, no courses, (and hopefully no weddings)... just pure relaxation; playing on the xbox, going to the gurdwara to listen to kirtan, chilling at home with your family...
Well on one Sunday morning I walked into the kitchen and the floor was covered with water so I cleaned it up. Bread went onto the grill, the kettle was switched on and a bowl of cereal poured to eat (whilst the toast were being made). Suddenly I felt some more water so thought I must have missed a spot. Took out the sponge and cleaned it up once more.
A few hours later my parents were asking me to check where the water was leaking from. I simply thought it was someone splashing water about whilst washing the dishes but clearly it wasn't! We had a new washing machine installed the day before so we were suspecting a fault in that. After pulling the washing machine out of its little space there was a lot of water everwhere so picked up the phone and called the plumber.
The person on the telephone was actually at a wedding (hehe poor guy) but he couldnt think of what the problem could be. I saw one of the pipes was leaking and informed him of this, to which he replied that he sealed it off so it couldn't be that.



I followed the pipe back to the valve and saw quite a remarkable way of 'sealing' the pipe. I thought to myself, this plumber must like Tom & Jerry cartoons. Here's what i found:



Desi way to seal a pipe off...tie a knot!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wtf

Anonymous said...

lollll

Anonymous said...

Gurfateh ji, is that your hand in the photos?

Novtej said...

haha, well yes it is...why?

Anonymous said...

Your hands are veiny (<|:-P