I feel like a cheese and onion pasty, so googled it and here's a decent looking recipe that i'm now inclined to try!
Cheese and Onion Pasties
preparation time less than 30 minutes
cooking time 10 to 30 minutes.
900g/2lb shortcrust pastry
2 tbsp vegetable oil
450g/1lb onions, peeled and sliced
450g/1lb mature cheddar, cut into 1cm cubes
1 tsp paprika
salt and pepper
1 egg, beaten, (just use milk!) for glazing
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
2. Roll out the pastry and cut out 6 circles 20cm/8in in diameter.
3. Heat the oil and cook the onions in it until starting to soften. Take off the heat and cool.
4. Stir in the cheese cubes and paprika and season well. Divide the mixture between the six circles and crimp the edges together.
5. Brush with a little milk (instead of beaten egg) Put on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes until the pastry is golden. Serve hot or cold.
recipe taken from here